Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year, 2012

This is my first post and my first attempt at having a Blog.  This is a huge step for me and I may have tip toed into a non comfort zone.  I read so many others everyday, and love to "meet" your lifes thoughts.

I gave up on New Years resolutions, because at nearly 62, I dont see the sense of it all, just try to make the next day better than yesterday is enough for me.

I make charity quilt tops 99%, havent sewn in a while though. I am at a crossroads it seems, and this is one area I have always wanted to do (blog) and thought well, maybe I can try this and see if it gets my mojo
back on track. I have heard all the you will sew again, just try 15 minutes. It is not that easy for me yet. I went to a wonderful retreat last Oct., came home beat (good) and had sewn 5 quilt tops in 3 days and just dumped everything into the sewing space. I have no room to even see the sewing machine.

So I hope you like the road I attempt, chime in, share, and feel free to visit.

Cat hairs are a given-LOL

5 comments:

  1. Alrighty!!! Carol you are blogging. I would be happy to have finished 5 quilt tops in a year!

    Love you kitty picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mojo is a tricky thing to be sure, I struggle getting it all together most days. currently I have boxes of blocks, stacks of strips and baskets of fabric. To date only 6 quilts have ever truly been finished. Those are now residing with people I love and care about...hopefully being used and loved. when I can't get started I sometimes just "putter" around in my sewing room. Sorting touching and looking at what I have collected. I may even just sit and sew crumb together. My aunt told me once if you don't sew for awhile it's ok everything will be there when you come back like old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl..........way to go..I deleted mine..just didn't want it taking up my time..I spend too much of it on the computer as it is...now I am learning to shut down after answering my private mails...
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the blogging, it does get easier! Love the name of your blog, big kitty fan!! It is always a good idea to quilt with friends, lots of my students only quilt the day or night they come to class. All you need is a friend or two, get together and have a challenge or some sort. My students love a mystery class, it doesn't matter what it is, they love the mystery!

    ReplyDelete