Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday- Jan.9, 2012

Can you believe it? Yesterday was Elvis' 77th birthday !! And it was hardly mentioned around here.

It was cool yesterday here in my area, and at 11pm last nite it began to rain and here at 2 pm it is still raining
and in the mid 50's.  Made soup last nite and had it for lunch and for supper tonite and so on-lol.

Today I didnt get up until late, decided not to go to the Austin Guild, due to the rain issue in Austin, being harder rain and a gas leak a few streets over that blew a house up, besides people in Austin do not drive well
in rain. I decided to stay home and plan.  Won't tell you what i am planning-lol

What a football game that was last nite in the first few seconds of the OT. I was watching but I did not see it.I had to watch 3 reruns before it sunk in!  Wow, I cant believe the Steelers are not going to Super Bowl!
AND I watched Jennifer Hudson on Dateline last nite, wow what a person she is!  I really admired her in DreamGirls when it came out, barely watched whatever show she was trying to win by singing earlier. But now she is really living life for herself and she deserves it. As we all do in whatever way we want. No time like the present to go for that DREAM!

All 3 of my inside cats are in bed staying warm and sleeping big time. i am up for a while, wil go back when my feet get too cold on this wood floor. Meanwhile I am cooking some items for later and making way to the
sewing machine in smaller steps! Not going to give up.

On one list I am on, they asked for the question of the week, how much do you spend a week on your sewing/quilting habit?  I cant spend a lot like some, and I just dont think I want to share how I go about it.
I do not want to be envious of anyones stash-lol.  I deal in scraps mainly, and I make mostly charity quilts. So I dont pass up a good deal when there is a real special either!  And then on another list, they asked how much yardage do you buy a week?  Well, thats kinda the same answer to me.  I dont go for yardage amounts cause we all seem to compete in one way or annother. I may not at all be interested in fabric that week, and if someone says I bought so and so, then all of a sudden it seems, I get antsy to have something new. Without sewing what I started before, or only doing part of a BOM and having that pile up. Seems to go with the resolutions, when I sign up for a BOM then i dont finish it, I self sabotouge?  Do we all do it?

1 comment:

  1. So true....self sabotouge is me as well....grin.

    Mick made a pot of chili and we'll be eating that today and probably some tomorrow....yummy.

    Wished I still had a fur baby to snuggle with.
    :( I sewed so hard for a couple of days and still switched those blocks around on my Mystery Monday. Gave me bad dreams!! Now I'm not wanting to sew for a while.....while I pout! (giggle...I'm still a little kid)

    ReplyDelete