Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday, Jan 10, 2012

Wha ta Tuesday! Packaged up things to mail out and it took me forever. Then find out that the fabric I had precut by the LQS, was shorted......I had to order more!  DO you feel my whine-LOL. I reordered some
more to be picked up on the 14th for me to use in the wildflower quilt I plan on making me someday!

And then to make the error of asking DH to go with me to mail 2 packages, I ended up gone from noon till
4pm!  In this small town. Had to run to staples to get the 9x12 clasp envelopes on special 100 for 3.00! Then to the Berdolls Pecan Farm, where I walked in and my blood sugar ran up to what i expected a 1000-only kidding. they had a HUGE candle in a HUGE glass vase with 8 wicks going.......it smelled like fudge in
there. No kidding.  It is called Maple Sugar Fudge, and I swear I did not ask the price the of the huge one, but asked for the smallest price.........it was a good size, but the price was 16.99!  its one size you might pay 10.00 for at Wall box store.  But oh my what a smell!  I could smell it for an hour after I walked out of there~!   oh yummmmmmmmmmmmm

Are you all being induated with magazine renewal forms for magazines you have never used or even heard of?  I am. Makes me so mad.  I promptly write them a note and say I have never heard of your magazine and
of you either, and I dont want to-take me off your list, signed MZ crab pants-lol.  This is the first year I decided to sunscribe to some quilt magazines rather than pay store price for them since Wall box quit giving us a discount. And then I stuff everything into their postage paid envelope and send it back to them at their expense.  GRRRRR

And today one of the local news stations fired, yes fired 3 of the best people at their station. Two of the ladies worked the weekend show and I really admired them, and called in to say so. One lady especially was so personable and upbeat and intelligent. Really a plus for the station. The one man had been there since 1998, and did the weather as #2 man, so able that I trusted him to be there when we wondered if we were going to make it or not. Gone, no kiss my grits, no notice........all just gone. I dont think I will watch that station ever again.  KXAN-tv , you have done a real disservice to the viewers in my humble opnion. And to
hurt those 3 dedicated workers , hurts my heart to loose them. Knowing in this economy, how it hurts them!

I guess I am ranting today a bit, I apologize for that.  Meanwhile I did cut and touch fabric today. I did
clean up a little to the path to the sewing machine. It is very cold here again. 50 all day today. Sun did come
out.  and we have another cold front coming in a few days. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear MZ crab pants,

    You are cracking me up! And now I want some real fudge.... :(((

    Two bad about the news station. I'll have to go see who got cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's not magazines, it's insurance

    ReplyDelete